miércoles, 1 de junio de 2011

Marvel Masterpieces III Sketch Cards Part 1

Thanks to the incredibly awesome kind and great man that was Pat Carlucci, I got to have a try at the Sketch Card world, more precisely, the Marvel Masterpieces Series III sketch cards from Upper Deck.


All done in traditional means directly on paper, I mostly used pencils and markers. The cards showed pretty clearly my learning curve since I had never tried any of this media before.
I did 110 cards, 109 got approved, and it was my first time dealing with License Approval. It was great to just read the guidelines.
I got to draw at least 100 of my favorite characters, I loved that they let me focus on some of my obscure favorites like Ben Reilly (AKA: Scarlet Spider/Spiderman II).
It was also a great way to face some of my limitations, positions, perspectives, characters, costumes, colors, I experimented with all of it.
I would be given another chance to work on more Marvel Characters as the Iron Man 2 sketch cards came out. I´m very happy the director at the MM III project remembered me!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario